- What is ILLiad?
- Who is eligible?
- What about affiliated hospitals?
- What is my username and password to use ILLiad?
- What if I forget my password?
- Why don't I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?
- What is Electronic Delivery?
- Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
- Is security a problem if I use a public workstation?
- Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request an item through Interlibrary Loan. The name ILLiad can be thought of as an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database.
Who is eligible?
ILLiad is available to registered Library patrons.
- Students, faculty, PostDocs and staff at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology .
- Faculty and Residents at Jacobi Medical Center.
What about affiliated hospitals?
What is my username and password to use ILLiad?
Your UserID is the 10-digit barcode number on your Einstein ID or blue Library barcode.
New Einstein/Montefiore ID cards do not have a 10-digit barcode. If you have received a new Einstein/Montefiore ID, use the 5-digit number on the back of the card as your UserID. (The number starts with 0 or 1 and is preceded by a *, for example: *12345.)
Your password can be anything you like. We recommend that you follow good security practice and choose a password that is different from those you use to access other systems. However, no one but you will know your password, not even the library staff. The password you set is stored in an encrypted file.
What if I forget my UserID or password?
In the event that you forget your UserID or password, click the "Forgot Password" link on the ILLiad login page and follow the instructions to reset your password. If you are still having difficulty, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at 718.430.3122 or email@example.com.
Why don't I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?
From time to time we purge older records from ILLiad. Our policy is to keep requests online for several years order to comply with record keeping requirements of the copyright law.
What is electronic delivery?
Many libraries ship photocopies of articles to us in electronic format. In the past we printed these articles before delivering them to you. Now, through ILLiad, we are able to offer you electronic delivery of these articles in PDF format.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at 718.430.3122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is security a problem if I use a public workstation?
Yes. Web browsers cache information and create a history file on the local workstation. This allows a subsequent user of the workstation to access the system under your name using the browser's Back button to recall a page from the cache, or by finding a page with your personal information in the browser's history file. If you are concerned about the security of your interlibrary loan requests, you can take the following steps:
- Access ILLiad only from your personal computer or an otherwise secure workstation.
- Access ILLiad from a public workstation in the Interlibrary Loan office in the library. These computers are supervised by the library staff.
- When using a public access workstation:
- Delete from the history file those pages that contain your personal information.
- Exit from the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
The technology that we use sends a Session ID to be stored on your machine. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use ILLiad without any problems.